Wednesday, February 22, 2012
A carriage story
Having purchased a Col Shepherd 'kit' for an FS some time back I thought I might make a start (in between work on the 18 class).
After a good deal of procrastination I decided to make the sides out of laminated cardboard rather than use the supplied ply. How to do the rivets held me up for some days until I took the easy way out and just imprinted them with a ponce wheel. It would have been a long and laborious job to push them through from the rear with a pin or dab on spots of Tarzan's Grip. From normal viewing distance the coach looks steel sided so that will satisfy me.
Still a lot of work to be done inside and out but at least I am satisfied with the methods I used and know most of the mistakes not to make next time.