Monday, March 25, 2013

Track

While most of my experience with O gauge has been using my own handmade track from recycled code 100 rail I decided that this time a more robust section was required. I deliberated on which flextrack to purchase for quite sometime. In the end the availability locally of the Peco code 124BH and the known fact that Peco track holds up fairly well in the Australian sun convinced me that was the best option.
I also purchased some rail section from Slaters. This is advertised as code 125BH. While it was principally purchased for other structural uses apart from trackwork I was curious how it was meant to be joined.
Members of the GOG who replied to my question had filed down the base to fit Peco joiners as used for the Peco track.
By chance I remembered some Atlas joiner for code 100 were stored away with a few lengths of track.
The Atlas joiners were a near perfect fit.


Here is shown a join, while 3 Atlas joiners are at the rear of a Peco SL10



No comments:

Post a Comment